Living Homeschool History(South India):Book Review:A Forgotten Empire (Vijayanagar) by Robert Sewell
Recommended Age: High School
Being a South Indian,South Indian history intrigues me.Robert Sewell’s the forgotten empire does justice to this Forgotten Empire Vijayanagar. Sewell sources for this book have been the the chronicles from Nunez a Portuguese visitor and traveller Ibn Bhutia
- It gives account of the beginning of Vijayanagar empire with my very favorite king Kamipla Deva of Kampili and the early Kings of Sangama Dynasty.
- The rise of the Great Krishna Deva Raya of Tuluva Dynasty who was meticulous,hardworking and wise.
- His friendships with the Portuguese his courage against the Deccan sultanates.
- The interesting war tactics that he employed.
- The murder of Krishna Deva Raya ‘s son.
- The beginning and fall of the Rama Raya of the Arividu dynasty .
- Leading finally to the breaking and fall of the empire.
Click Here to watch the Review